Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Rosary and review

October is the month of the Rosary so we reviewed how to pray the rosary and spent alot of time talking about the mysteries and how meditating on the mysteries it should draw us closer to Jesus and His mother. After studying the rosary we reviewed everything we have studied this year. I like to ask review questions in a form of game to make it more interesting and since it is baseball play-offs we played baseball. I ask a question and if they answer the question correctly they get to go on base. If you answer the question incorrectly you get a strike. Three strikes and your out. We had two teams the boy's were the Cincinnati Reds and the girls were the Washington Nationals. For my snack the song take me out to the ballgame kept coming to mind and in the song it says "buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks" so I made caramel corn for the crackerjacks and since crackerjacks has a prize, the prize was a rosary ring. I have a student who is allergic to peanuts so we had circus peanuts instead of fresh ones. The Cincinnati Reds won 6-1, too bad the pro team could not play that well!

No comments:

Post a Comment