Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Guardian Angel and St. Francis

Today we are sandwiched between two great Feast Days, the Feast of the Guardian Angels and the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi.
It should bring great comfort to all of us knowing that we have an angel who protects us from spiritual and physical dangers and assists us in doing good.  As long as I can remember have have been saying this prayer when I get up in the morning and before I go to sleep at night.

Prayer to the Guardian Angel
Angel of God, my Guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen


St. Francis is one of the most loved Saints.  Most people look to him as a lover of animals, which he was, but he was also very giving to the poor.  He also recognized creation as another manifestation of the beauty of God.  In 1979 he was named patron of ecology.  I also pray his prayer every morning, in hopes that I could become more Christlike through his example.

PRAYER OF PEACE (ST. FRANCIS)
Lord make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred, Let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, Joy.
O Divine Master grant that I may
Not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
And it is in dying that we are
Born to eternal life. Amen.

For my treat tonight I have guardian angel sugar cookies and green juice in honor of St. Francis.

No comments:

Post a Comment