Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Merry Christmas


During the Advent Season our church has a Penance Service for all of the students. It is really nice to see everyone together showing our need for forgiveness. I have plenty of catholic books for the students to read while they are awaiting their turn so the time goes by pretty quickly. We also pray the rosary together.

Tonight is our last class for 2010 and since it's the Christmas season I made the students an edible manger with baby Jesus in the manger. For the manger I used pretzel sticks, marshmallow cream for the glue, graham cracker squares, and shredded wheat for the straw. For baby Jesus I just lined some gum drops up onto an unrolled fruit roll-up and then folded it like a blanket.

I pray that you have a very Merry Christmas and blessed New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Incredible, Jane. The amount of thought and careful preparation for the children in your class is inspiring. Thank you!
    johna

    ReplyDelete