Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jonah and the whale

I am on vacation enjoying the marvelous handiwork of God and Jill is filling in for me. I decided a movie would be good for class and I chose a movie about Jonah, since that story is not covered in class.


Jonah had an attitude problem. God had a job for him; to go to Nineveh and tell the people to change their ways. Jonah didn't want to go so he ran away. God had another plan for Jonah, he ended up in the belly of a whale. When he finally got to Nineveh he never expected that the people would listen to him, but amazingly they did! Instead of being happy Jonah was mad. He didn't want to share God's love with the Ninevites. He didn't think they deserved it. The story of Jonah is full of lessons about respecting others, listening to God, understanding God's love, and believing that God knows best, even when we don't understand God's plan.


For my treat I have whale crackers (generic for goldfish) and a blue drink to represent the ocean. I hope the students enjoy the movie and the snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment